Friday, December 01, 2017

December Goals

Here are a few goals I'd like to meet in December:

1) Write a blog entry every day. Cheryl is hosting this challenge for the month of December and I couldn't resist signing up. You can learn more about the challenge and see the participants here. There are quite a few quilters already signed up and many more interesting and new (to me) blogs to check out.

2) Completely finish one more UFO in 2017. I want to finish the Knot Blocks quilt. The quilt top needs to be pin basted, machine quilted and bound in time to be a finished quilt by New Years Eve. To see more UFO goals, hop over to One Monthly Goal link up.

3) Create and wrap a big pile of Christmas gifts for Santa to deliver! Well, that might be a fairly lofty goal to make now since there are only 24 days left before the big day. It's mind boggling all the things that I will accomplish between now and then!


4) Finish the Mad City Mama quilt top. This project just needs one more block and I've been cutting up lime green scraps all week. Here are some of the block parts on the design wall. I have to sew a centre patch, sew 12 light corners on some parts, sew the 5 patch strips together, and then get it altogether. To see more Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects, hop over to the weekly link up.

16 comments:

Chris said...

I found the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge about day 16 last year and went for it. It was a challenge at times to write something worth reading other times I was in my element using the written word which I love. Lots of luck. I look forward to reading along.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Those are ambitious goals for this busy time of year! I love the lime green block you are making. My goal is to finish making my new Christmas tree skirt over the next week or two. It is 2/3 pieced.... I love reading your blog and look forward to your daily posts.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those are a lot of goals for a very busy time of year. Good luck!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm intrigued by the 31 Day challenge, too. I'll have to go check it out! At the very least I'll get to read some of my favorite blogs every day! I'm excited to see your quilts progress, too. Have a great month, Kathy!

Deanna W said...

You have your list and I always find having a list helps! Good luck...I would sooo fail at the blogging every day...I am lucky to do once a week!!!

Ellen said...

I just signed up for the Challenge. I don't know if I can keep up but I am sure going to try. :) Thanks for the link.

PaulaB quilts said...

What a busy month you will have! Take a few minutes for yourself every now and then.

MissPat said...

That 31 day blog writing challenge would be enough all by itself, but the rest of your list makes for a super busy month in an already busy month. Good luck. I look forward to following along.
Pat

Cathy said...

Cant wait to see your Mad City Mama come together. And I bet you complete most if not all of your goals! You go!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck on attaining such lofty goals for the month of December!!

Janet O. said...

You always have the best projects.
I'll be interested to see your pile of handmade gifts stack up over the next 24 days. :)
Don't you already post daily anyway? Now there is a goal you can accomplish.

Magpie Sue said...

Those are my favorite greens. I'll be looking forward to seeing that quilt top! I can't imagine trying to do a blog post every single day in December. I have a hard enough time posting once a week!

Katie Z. said...

You can do it! I look forward to a productive Advent too.

Sally Trude said...

Those are some awesome greens. That's what I'm using as one of my colors in Bonnie Hunter's Ringo Lake mystery.

Cathy said...

Good luck on your goals! I'm betting you complete them all!

I already try to blog every day but I think I'll challenge myself to read more blogs every day for the rest of the month!

Kate said...

Good luck with your goals this month. The most challenging may be the goal to post every day. I can never think of that much to write!