Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Blockheads Update

Are you a Blockhead
Here's the definition according to Carrie Nelson:
Blockheadnoun block·head \ˈbläk-ˌhed\  A quilter who likes to make a wide variety of quilt blocks, who probably collects books filled with quilt blocks, who has lots of random quilt blocks but still wants to make more.
That's me!
I've been following along with this mystery quilt since March of this year. When it started, I had no idea what the project would evolve into. It turns out that the blocks have been a combination of pieced and applique blocks, and it will be a wonderful sampler quilt. We are nearing the end of the 48 block project, with block #42 being posted today.

I have just finished sewing block #41 Pinwheel Star. It was fun to sew and turned out to be the perfect size... love it when that happens!



Block #40 it is an adorable cardinal, but I haven't yet finished up the previous applique block #34. I couldn't abandon my house block to work on the adorable cardinal! So I got out the fabrics for the house and got to work on it. It's relaxing stitching to do late at night. It feels so much more calming to put a few stitches into fabric instead of staring at a screen/ TV/ phone/ computer. The house is coming along well, with all parts cut out and most of the hand basting finished. Next is the actual applique.
You can see my first 36 blocks hereI'm a wee bit behind but next week I'll be working hard to get caught up before the end of the year.
Linking up to Let's Be Social... hop over to see Lorna's plaid moose quilt!

3 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, that is an ambitious project with that many blocks! Great job.

Kate said...

You've been so very productive, as usual. I'm binge reading blog posts as I'm so far behind. Your Carissa blocks are amazing! Sorry your secret knitting project was a fail, it was definitely a fun idea. Hope you've been able to get in a few minutes of relaxation stitching here and there during this hectic time.

Janet O. said...

I was a Blockhead wannabe, but it didn't happen.
I commend you for sticking with it--you are so good at that!