Thursday, June 29, 2017

Production Line

Paw print block construction continues on Lucy my long bed Singer 301. I have a production line going to build all the block components.
Eagle eye Annie noticed that one of the border blocks on the design wall wasn't quite right on Monday's post. 
I didn't even notice that mutation. Thanks Annie for the heads up and now I can repair that block before the mistake gets quilted in!


I think the borders will need approximately 100 paw blocks, so I'm past half way. These pieces are small and I've been using my Clover seam ripper as an awl to steady the small pieces as they go under the needle. It makes for less shifting and more accuracy while chain piecing.
How can it be that there are only 2 more days left in June?!? I have given up on the goal of finishing The Bear this month, but great progress has been made and that is the purpose of setting goals, isn't it?!?!

8 comments:

Jo said...

Well done Annie. Looking good

Katie said...

You have such a positive outlook. I try not to set goals because I know I will fail. Just getting my BOM blocks done on time is enough for me. I hope you get the bear quilt finished in time for your camping trip.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so glad someone noticed the block turned the wrong way for you before you got further - I never noticed. Someone else recently had a quilt top finished and was almost ready to start quilting and showed her queen size quilt top and someone spotted two blocks turned the wrong way - it took a little while for her to fix it but it got fixed. Photos help so much for standing back and looking or for someone else to look.

Karen said...

I can easily see why the bear quilt would not be a finish this month. All those tiny pieces making paw prints slows you down. Keep on pushing them through the Singer 301 and you will make it there next month.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Those paw blocks are so tiny and dainty and yet fun all at the same time. You're doing a fantastic job. I need a lot of patience when working with such small pieces. Have a great day! --Andrea

AnnieO said...

I knew you didn't want a smiley face in lieu of a paw! Production work can be fun and zen.

Robin said...

I sure do like this quilt. It has so much whimsy in it. It makes me feel like I'm in a cabin with nothing to do but go for a walk. And then when I'm tired, I'll come home to the comfort of this quilt. Nice job!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Glad that paw print was caught before it was too late to fix.