Sunday, January 22, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly link up that celebrates the art of hand stitching! 
Make a cup of your preferred beverage, grab a snack (you'll be here for a while), and enjoy clicking through the amazing blog links below from hand stitchers around the world. Last week there were 48 amazing posts showing us incredible hand stitching projects. I was truly inspired!
It's been a busy week for me and I'm really looking forward to some slow stitching time today. I've almost completed the embroidery on my 30th Life is Beautiful block, which I'll show next week and write an update on that project.
But today I want to do some hand quilting on my oldest UFO. I spread it out on the bed to see where I want to quilt today, and in all truthfulness, to admire my stitching so far :)

Here's the update of the quilted blocks so far:
*9 of 20 large 12" stars (quilted 1/4" inside the seams)
*14 of 32 small 6" stars (also quilted 1/4" inside the seams)
*21 of 31 diamonds which are quilted with a square in a square design 

Slow progress is being made... just like we like it!
1 Year of Stitches - week #3
And here is a terrible night time photo of my 1 Year of Stitches project. I'm not really fond of my additions this week, but that's life. Love isn't always smooth sailing or pretty looking, and neither is stitching sometimes!
So what are you planning to work on today? Link up your blog post of your hand stitching project and share your progress.

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   


14 comments:

Sarah said...

You say slow progress but actually you have done a serious amount of quilting and it's looking good! Thanks for hosting slow Sunday stitching, it is inspiring looking at what others are sewing!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love seeing what you and the others are up to each week. The texture on your hand quilting project is lovely!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Oh your hand quilting is beautiful / such a lovely quilt

scraphappy said...

Pausing to admire your work from time to time is always nice. Looks like you are getting there nice and slow.

CathieJ said...

Sometimes admiring what you have already completed inspires you to work harder to complete a project. That UFO is really pretty.

Cathy said...

I'm admiring your work too! Maybe someday I will have some nice small stitches like yours. My stitching looks like basting in comparison!

Kalicocreations said...

It is beautiful, I can understand wanting to pause and enjoy what you have accomplished.
Terry

Barbara said...

Your hand stitching is beautiful. Isn't it fun to spread out and admire like that?

Karen said...

I look forward to your Slow Stitching post every Sunday!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

just beautiful.......x

Vivian said...

Wonderful progress on your quilting! Every stitch is that much closer to getting to really snuggle with it so keep it up! Hmmm, One Year of Stitches you say? Tempting.....

Janet O. said...

"Love isn't always pretty". I like that! : )

Mystic Quilter said...

This is my first time linking with you, I enjoyed spending time slowly with my quilting yesterday, thanks for a wonderful meeting up of quilters! You have a lovely quilt there, very effective pattern.

Kate said...

Hope you enjoyed your slow stitching over the weekend and got lots done. Or at least enjoyed the slower pace.