Thursday, April 28, 2016

UFO Update



There hasn't been much quilting time this week, but I did finally get another Swoon block quilted. I used all Aurifil threads, which my machine loves, so the quilting went smoothly, with no thread breakage even at high speeds! 






This is the backing for the block which includes a little 8" version of the swoon block, and some of the leftover backing fabric.

Here is quilted block #8 on the design wall.
In the next two days I just have to piece one more 24" block backing and then quilt the last Swoon block to meet my April UFO goal.
Totally doable!

8 comments:

KaHolly said...

Looking good, Kathy! You'll be busy the next two days! Good luck! XO

Stitchin At Home said...

The finish line is in sight, you can do it.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like your swoon block I wonder if I will ever make them LOL, I have liked them since I first saw them but always too busy with others, I do have the pattern though

GCamden said...

I really like the colors and fabrics in the Swoon quilt!

Janet O. said...

An 8" block sounds large to me, but that one on the back looks dwarfed, compared to the 24" block!
Love Aurifil. Wish I could get it in every color I need!! I'm sure they make it, it just isn't carried locally in very many colors, and I don't like matching colors over the internet.

Mary said...

The end is in sight! I love Aurifil too. Making the larger blocks is FUN. I make so many 6.5" blocks for my Blocks of the week. It's refreshing to make the bigger ones.

Lisa J. said...

I love the little mini swoon. Looking forward to seeing your finish.

Kate said...

Great progress this month!