Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Allietare Step 1

I am working away at a relaxed pace on step 1 of Allietare. I am more than half finished today and am sure I will be ready for the posting of step 2 on Friday. Instead of doing all the cutting, then all the sewing, then all the ironing, then all the trimming,  I am doing a little bit of each step every time I sit down to sew. 

Here are some of my strips ready for cutting. I am noticing that a few of my "grey" fabrics look more blue in real life, but I'm going to go ahead and use them up anyway. I am getting 14 or 15 HSTs per half strip using the Easy Angle Ruler, which I love!
How are your HSTs coming along?

16 comments:

Mary said...

Got them all done for the Link-up on Monday.

Mary said...

Got them all done for the Link-up on Monday.

SandraC said...

Your colours are nice! I'm only doing half the quilt, hope to finish off my HSTs later today.

barbara woods said...

i have that machine and love it

Denise :) said...

It's a pretty progression of colors . . . can't wait to see what the next step is! :)

Frances Meredith said...

Love your shaded fabrics. Hope your schedule works out.

beaquilter said...

mine are done and linked up.

julieQ said...

Loving your blend of grays! Just so pretty!

Lisa J. said...

I wondering if I'm seeing a challenge quilt here.

Monica said...

They are done, thank you! I like your mix of greys, and I'm sure they'll work well, too!

Rebecca in AK said...

You are doing better than I am, I getting things cut today. Hopefully I will get a few sewn too! Love your fabrics!

Jo said...

I'm still deciding to start this quilt. It is such a busy time.. Well done

Deanna W said...

Done this week and waiting for the next clue! These clues are going to get harder and harder to do as it gets nearer to Christmas!

Jo said...

I do them exactly the same way, cut a few, sew a few press a few, trim a few.....I just have to trim my last batch, making something roughly 2/3 size, since I don't need another big bed quilt.

Ivani said...

Yours fabric are beautifulI.
I resisted as much as I can, but finally decided to join in and make 50% of the original quilt size. Let's have fun! My HTS are done.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Slow and steady wins the race--lol! So far, I've resisted joining the sew along, but I am collecting the steps just in case!