Friday, May 01, 2015

It's Friday!

And you know what that means! I won't have any time to quilt today because after work I am off to see the quilt show (details here) and see my babies quilts hanging with their friends!
Last night it was so nice to just relax when I got home from work and join Bonnie for QuiltCam. I enjoyed some hand quilting, and made more progress on my Always Home wallhanging.  It is 2/3 finished now, and most of the bottom block is quilted too. 
I am now quilting the borders and starting to taste the sweetness of an impending finish. It's about time, since this project was started in 2012! Maybe I'll be sewing the binding for Slow Sunday Stitching - fingers crossed!
Happy Friday! See you at the show!

16 comments:

Turid said...

I wish I could be at the show. Hope you'll take some pictures to show on a blogpost later.

SandraC said...

What gorgeous weather for a Spring quilt show! So much fun to be part of quilt shows, too, I'm sure you're going to enjoy all the people admiring your guilds beautiful work. Hope to make our way up tomorrow!

Dolores said...

There are just way too many quilt shows this weekend.

Deanna W said...

Oh weee...we both were on quiltcam last night. I feel like a celebrity....I know small town living!! Enjoy the quilt show this weekend. Feel sad missing it. Say hi to Barb for me!!

AnnieO said...

I wasn't sure you were working, Kathy, given your tremendous output! So now I think you have just given up sleep instead to accomplish all you do!
Good luck at the show!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Hope you have a great quilt show and have your top ready for binding by Sunday. Have fun at the show!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Hope you have a blast at the show!

Nita said...

Hi! Just popping in to say hi (hi!) ...loooove that quilt in your header bar! Have fun at the show!

Quilter Kathy said...

OH yes... I gave up sleeping a long time ago!

liniecat said...

Enjoy the show girl and good luck with the binding : )

Scrappy quilter said...

Have fun at the show.

audrey said...

And how sweet a finish it will be.:)

Janet O. said...

This makes me think of a recent guild meeting that I visited. Apparently they feature one quilter each month and that gal has to answer a given set of questions, one of which is "Which super power would you like to possess?" That night the response was, "To not need any sleep." I think everyone concurred. : )

Mary said...

I missed the fact the besides quilting you also WORK. Have fun at the Quilt Show! How late is it open? I get to go see my quilts tomorrow It starts in the AM and I will have to drive an hour to get there.

Mary said...

I missed the fact the besides quilting you also WORK. Have fun at the Quilt Show! How late is it open? I get to go see my quilts tomorrow It starts in the AM and I will have to drive an hour to get there.

Kate said...

Hope the show was a lot of fun.