Friday, January 02, 2015

It's a Mysterious Friday

Grand IllusionOne mystery is ending and another one is starting!
Yesterday Bonnie posted the final step for the Grand Illusion mystery project over at Quiltville. I am ready to get sewing all these bits and pieces together.

Also I am starting off the new year properly as any good quilt addict should -beginning a new mystery quilt! 

These are my fabric choices from the stash to make "New Beginnings". I hope the 3 fabrics on the right aren't going to blend together too much. This is a small, quick mystery, as opposed to the Quiltville mystery which is large and has hundreds of pieces. I am curious to see how long it will take me to sew these two quilt projects together!

10 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love your fabrics! I can't wait to see the finished quilt. As much appeal as Quiltville mysteries hold, I just do not have the time nor ambition to tackle that many pieces. A small mystery like the one you're beginning sounds a lot more promising. I don't have time to commit to it right now, but perhaps the Super Bowl Mystery would be a good start.

Kate said...

Have fun with your new mystery. I made some headway with Bonnie's mystery yesterday. We'll see how far I get before Monday's linky.

beaquilter said...

wait... I missed the final.... jumping over to see

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have never made a Bonnie mystery - so many pieces and if I don't know the finish look I'm afraid I would be wasting a lot of fabric by choosing wrong - mysteries have never been my thing.

Ellen said...

Have fun...your fabrics a wonderful!

Janet O. said...

Yummy fabrics--I recognize some KT fabrics there.
Always hard to know what is going to work well together when you don't know what you are making. : )

Deanna W said...

I think your colours are great and don't blend too much! Another new mystery!! My mystery is at a standstill. Haven't had time to work on it but now that I have the final clue...it will sew up quickly!

Teresa in Music City said...

New Year's itself is all about the mystery, so I think you are right in line with the season! I can't wait to see everyone's Grand Illusions come to life :)

Mary said...

Only 25 blocks to put together this year. The sashing is almost done, just a few more seams to make on them. Then it's webbing time. YourFlimsy will be done in no time at all. I'm still contemplating how to change mine up a bit more.

Andee said...

I am not sure I will be doing this one--plenty of other stuff going but I love mysteries so it will be fun to see yours develop!