Sunday, September 14, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching Friends

Yesterday my friend Barb and I took a road trip to visit our quilty friends in the St. Thomas area. The original plan was that we were going to spend the day working on our Indian Orange Peel quilts. But not a single one of us brought our peels to work on!  So we had to find other trouble to get into. Quilters go a little crazy when the scrap bin comes out!

Gail did some slow stitching because she couldn't wait until Sunday! If you hop over to her Cozy Quilter blog, she might share her finished quilt today! Here she is hand quilting a few more stitches. She is trying out her new Hiroshima Tulip needles which are quite expensive. Although they are "large eye" needles, they were challenging to thread. What was the conclusion Gail... are these needles worth the extra money?
Today while slow stitching I am thinking about how great it is to have online and in person quilt friends! Quilters are just the nicest people and we had a wonderful day together yesterday. 
Today we get to visit with our talented online quilting friends.  I'm slowly finishing up my pumpkin seed blocks that I showed last week. What are you stitching? Link up your blog post below and share your hand stitching project with us.




16 comments:

Mona said...

Love the online communities.
Does it count to be a slow sticher when you only fasten down the binding by hand?

Jo said...

No slow stitching for me today. Machine work all day.
Well done to all you hand stitchers

Sheila said...

What a great tub of scraps. I can imagine one or two colorful fun string block quilts in it's future.
I'm not much of a slow stitch person. I like to make quilts entirely by sewing machine. However I admire and appreciate the slow stitch work of others.

Deb A said...

That looks like two of my scrap tubs! Why do they never seem to go down?
Sounds like a fun day. I had hoped to start hand quilting on hugs and kisses today but the dratted b's are holding me up - attaching borders. I guess some hexagon prep is in order.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

looks like a great time! :)

Ellen said...

Looks like a whole bin of fun!

Quilting Stories said...

Hi Kathy! Reading the post of Kathie from Inspired by Antique Quilts I learnt that you host for a slow stitching Sunday partyn and thought I could join you! Thanks a lot for this fun party! Best regards!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I would have such fun in that tote of scraps!! The only slow stitching today is slip-stitching turning holes for some Vallerie Wells snap purses. A little machine work and a little house work.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have just recently heard of these needles and would be curious as to how she likes them.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh my that is a big tub of scraps! Hopefully there were no tug o wars, looks their is plenty for everyone! Happy stitching!

Cathy said...

Looks like a good time was had by all!

Scrappy quilter said...

Sounds like a fun time.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I didn't bring my machine with, so for 17 days, I'll be slow stitching ... seems so appropriate for the slower island pace we're enjoying! Thanks for hosting this for us.

CathieJ said...

Glad to hear you had such a nice friend filled quilting day.

Janet O. said...

Looks like a fun group of quilting friends. How funny that no one brought the projects you were supposedly going to work on. : )

margaret said...

it must be lovely to share quilting time with friends like you have here, would love a rummage in the box of scraps.