Saturday, August 30, 2014

Scrappy Saturday - Green

Isn't green such a great colour?!? This time of the year we are surrounded by the beautiful greens of nature and I can't get enough of them. However, I have seen more than my share of lovely green grass, which has grown like crazy this summer!
Those of us who belong to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge are working with our bright green scraps this month. There has been a little bit of progress on my pumpkin seed blocks. One block is finished and 3 are in various stages of completion. The green colours are "off" in this photo, but you get the idea of what I'm sewing. I'll keep working on these tomorrow for Slow Sunday Stitching.

18 comments:

scraphappy said...

What beautiful shades of green this morning. Looks like you will have plenty of slow stitching for tomorrow.

julieQ said...

I too love green...pretty greens like you are using. They just seem so alive, don't they? Have a great scrappy Saturday!!

Kate said...

Very pretty greens. You have so many pretty scraps.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Very pretty green seed blocks.

Barb said...

Love your blocks!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You must quite a few of these blocks made . I am looking forward to how they will all work together. Great greens!

Rebecca in AK said...

Bright, happy greens! Very pretty blocks!

Nell's Quilts said...

Turns out green was the perfect colour for August - all the rain certainly greened things up outdoors and Angela's challenge greened things up indoors. Enjoy the slow stitching tomorrow.

Janet O. said...

I never have enough green in my stash! Do I not buy it often enough or do I just use it faster than other colors?

Angie said...

Lovely greens - kind of like keeping summer in your quilt!

Edith said...

These pumpkin seed blocks are lovely and what a nice selection of light greens.

Terri said...

So pretty! Up next: orange pumpkin seeds - how appropriate. I wonder how many blocks you have towards a seed finish? You do have to have orange ones!!!
Thanks for sharing the inspiration.
Hugs

Julierose said...

Great pumpkin seeds--interesting how different fabrics will make them so varied...hugs, Julierose

Scrappy quilter said...

The greens are great.

Julie in GA said...

Very pretty green fabrics.
I love your pumpkinseed blocks!

Sheila said...

Love your green prints. I must try this block next year.

Cathy said...

As I always say...."love them".

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely greens, real touch of Spring!