Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Generous People

Photo stolen from The Cozy Quilter!
Do you remember my post in the summer about making "slab blocks" for Calgary flood victims? (click here to see it)  My quilty friend Gail collected some slab blocks and made this beautiful quilt top to contribute to the efforts. Gail sent the quilt to Cheryl Atkinson and a photo was posted on Cheryl's blog on this post .... in case you are looking for it, our quilt is 5th photo from the end of the post!
Over 1350 quilts were collected by Cheryl Atkinson and distributed in Calgary this past Saturday - you can read this blog post on quilt distribution. There are so many wonderful, generous people in the world!
And a few of those generous people have been sending me treats in the mail. Just look at these tiny triangles that came in the mail... you just know I'll make something from these little cuties!  
From Red Brolly
I thank each one of you who sent an email, a card, a prayer, a gift, and/or fabric scraps from your collection to raise my spirits and surround me with loving thoughts.

8 comments:

Ellen said...

That is fantastic - quilters really are quite generous especially with their 'quilty' hugs!

swooze said...

I recognize those! A few of them were from my mother's fabrics. She will live on in one of your quilts too!

So send me your address again please to swooze62 at yahoo. I went looking for it but can't seem to locate it!

Hugs!

Deanna W said...

The one guild I belong to sent 82 blocks to the ladies in Calgary. Love quilt ladies, they do soooo much for each other in sunshine and shade!as it says on your pic!!

Barb Neiwert said...

My goodness, that's a lot of quilts! Awesome. Guess it's time to start making quilts for people near Boulder :(

Sheila said...

What a wonderful story of generosity.

Janet O. said...

Quilters are generous people, aren't they?
I am curious to see what you make from those little HSTs. : )

margaret said...

it is so good to see how so many ladies rallied round to contribute to these quilts

Melissa said...

Wow! What an incredible response! I maintain that quilters are some of the most generous people I have been blessed to meet!