Friday, April 05, 2013

Good News

Over at Patchwork Times, Judy has a link up for "Good News Thursday". 
Well, my good news is that it is now Friday...woohoo!
And I have a few other bits of good news to share...
the robins are back! Of course I have let them know that I am not happy that they are returning so LATE this year! I have been looking for them for weeks, and wondering what is taking them so long to saunter back into town (they mentioned the daily "below zero temperatures" and the snow).
But I love waking up to their songs in the morning, so all is forgiven!
More good news....the colour of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is green...yum, I love green and miss it so much over the winter! I have been digging around in the scraps and pulling out bits of bright spring green to sew something this weekend.
Also...I found the first season DVD of "Call the Midwife" at the library, so I am having a marathon tonight, and maybe a little hand quilting if I can tear my eyes away from the show!

7 comments:

Deanna W said...

Robins...well they would need parkas if they were thinking of returning around here just yet. We are expecting snow tomorrow too! Although I love the white stuff I am ready for it to stop already.The bright greens look delicious and don't we need those bright colours now for spring.

Mary said...

Green to go with the Pantone Color of the Year too. Green grass is what comes after all the Thunder, rain and wind we had in our area last evening.
The best sign of Spring for me is the Dogwood trees. Magnolias bloom first but the petals fall off too quickly from them. Enjoy your "Call the Midwife" Marathon. I DVR-ed it and watched 7 episodes in one day this week.

Janet O. said...

Hooray for the return of the robins!
I look forward to seeing your scrap challenge creations in GREEN!

Kate said...

It does seem like it's taking spring forever to get here this year. Enjoy the robins. Hope your marathon session was productive.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oooo I haven't heard of that series! Gotta go look it up. And I am in love with your Palm Branch blocks - wow!!! I'm already doing so many different blocks, but I may have to sneak this one in too :*) What a copy-kat I am!

Andrea said...

Jess just bought me the first series of Call the Midwife - I love it - hope you enjoy it too xx

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Winter is taking its time going here too...I'm waiting for the goldfinches to come back...then eventually the swifts that come with the summer heat!