Thursday, February 28, 2013

Another Finish

I finished another smaller sized lap quilt (46" x 58") this week. 
It was an quick and easy quilt from a kit that you can read about here.
I stipple quilted in the plain blocks, but wasn't sure what to quilt in the picture blocks. 
My friend Nancy let me use her fancy sewing machine to quilt some snowflake chains in each block. It was really fun to quilt and the perfect touch for the project.
This quilt also went to the silent auction for my brother's fundraiser last weekend, which raised over $4,000 for his upcoming surgery (for private room recovery and post surgical recovery therapy)!! 
His new album is available now and you can buy it on iTunes or you can check it out at: "This is the Sound of My Voice".  BTW...my favorite tracks are 3, 10 and 7 (in that order!) 

7 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

those snow flakes fit right in! I hope your brother's surgery goes well!

beaquilter said...

looks great

Missy Shay said...

Those snowflakes were the perfect touch!

Ellen said...

Really cute - the snowflake detail is a wonderful addition.

Wishing a speedy recovery for your brother.

Janet O. said...

Very cute--the snowflakes are perfect!.
I'm glad the fundraiser was successful!

Teresa said...

Oh my grandchildren would love this quilt - they have all the Peanuts holiday videos. Nicely done, and your snowflake quilting is the crowning touch.

Kate said...

Fun quilt! Congrats on the finish. Hope your brother recovers quickly from his surgery!