Friday, January 04, 2013

2013 UFO list - January's project

Okay...it's finally done! It took a lot of negotiating, but the 2013 UFO list is done and posted with links on my sidebar. The 5 UFOs that were not finished from the 2012 list, automatically went on the 2013 list, which meant that 7 others could be added. 
How do you pick 7 from a cast of hundreds a few more than that!?! This is one of my UFO closets with projects that are in various states of finishedness.
Some quilts were happy to remain unfinished and didn't even beg to be on the list! 
But there are four quilts that are in a major snit because they were on the list, and I know they would take longer than a month to finish, and I don't have the fabric purchased to finish them yet. So they went back in the UFO closet, but now they are grumbling about it! Did I mention it was a tough job to narrow down the choices??!?
I found a great site to link up my UFO projects for 2013 - hop over to "A Lovely Year of Finishes" to check it out.
My January goal is to finish this flannel scrap quilt that has been hanging around my house for a couple of years now. I bought flannel for the backing and January is the perfect month to work on a flannel quilt. I have already sewn on those pieced strips, and am figuring out the next border.

17 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

What about iop?

Kris said...

Good for you, Kathy!! You are a brave woman!! :-)

scraphappy said...

I hope all of your lovely quilts get to come out and play someday. Until then, I am glad the negotiations were successful and hope you have a finished quilt sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

Good choice. I love the colors and design.

Janet O. said...

Around here January is also the perfect month for a snowball quilt. It looks very cozy! : )

Béa said...

Snowball & flannel, perfect start for january, good luck !

Ramona said...

Love how organized your UFO's are! LOL
I keep remembering that I have another stashed away somewhere! Good Luck getting yours finished.

Deb A said...

Wow! I have mine all hidden away so I have no clue how many I really have. Must clean out that closet sometime this month.
So glad you had some negotiations that worked and most of your UFO's are happy with the outcome. Well, if you get one done early in the month you can always have someone else come out to play for some progress.
I love how your organize your UFO's.

beaquilter said...

so 1 per month?

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Good for you Kathy! I envy your nice closet...all for quilts! What a dream closet! And easy to find your unfinished projects...I tend to put mine somewhere safe and they I can't find them! LOL

Gari in AL said...

I used to laugh at people who had unquilted quilt tops: I didn't have any. Well, that is not the case now. My goals are pretty much the same: BOMs, one flimsy quilted, one ongoing project, and maybe one new project. I can't even keep up with that. ;-)

Ellen said...

I love "this is one of my UFO closets". Most people have closets full of clothes that they may or may not wear anymore - you have closets full of partially finished quilts. That is a hoot!

AnnieO said...

Your quilts are very vocal ! Hope the noisiest ones calm down :) Love that flannel quilt and it is giving me ideas for a charm pack that has been sitting around for a couple of years. Best wishes for knocking out that UFO list.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I was starting to stress because I had five quilt tops waiting to be quilted in my sewing closet and three more tops started. Are you worried about opening that door again, I think I heard them gossiping in there. Jealously can be such a monster. I am vowing not to start any projects until I get caught up, but I already hearing giggling coming out of my closet.

Kate said...

Those UFOs that need a lot of work end up with long lives don't they? Good luck implementing your UFO upgrading plan.

Missy Shay said...

Oh, Wow! My husband won't let me have that many UFO's! I've only been quilting for a year and he knows if I don't stick with it, it will never get done! He's constantly, "but you haven't finished..." if I mention starting something new! LOL I have 4 unfinished quilts right now, and one just needs to be bound. LOL

Melissa said...

Thanks for linking up with us! Good luck!