Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Summer Star Sew Along

Thanks to Susan, I discovered a summer sew along to get involved in. It's just a quick little project... every Friday in the summer, Temecula Quilt Co will post a new 4" star block to sew...easy peasy and cute as a button! 
I am using up the scraps from this UFO, which was a Block of the Month from Reichards. I just love when a BOM kit has enough fabric in it to make the project, make a mistake or two, and not have to worry about having enough fabric. This BOM was very generous, and I will have enough scraps to make this entire project (with a light background FQ added in).
These are my first two blocks, and a new one will be posted today, so I'm off to sew. You should join in...it hardly "counts" as a new project when the blocks are so small, and you are using up scraps!! Right?!?!

8 comments:

scraphappy said...

So cute! So many new temptations, no wonder we all end up with UFOs.

Judy D in WA said...

So Cute!!! No it doesn't count. :)
I'm so tempted to go look at the project but so scared at the same time. LOL

Janet O. said...

Your reasoning at joining the Stars SAL sounds a lot like my own rationalization--I mean, reasoning. : )
Cute blocks!

Darlene said...

Your blocks are wonderful, Kathy. I keep resisting all the sew alongs. This one is difficult to resist. LOL

Amy said...

Angela (Scraphappy) took the words RIGHT out of my mouth! Gosh....those blocks are SOOOOOO tempting! I have bookmarked the link. LOL ... and now I am walking away from the computer. Otherwise, I'll print them out and head right downstairs.... and start another UFO :)

Carrie P. said...

cute! I just posted my #3 block.

Wendy said...

I've been working on this one as well. They are cute little stars.

Jeanne said...

Cute blocks! I like this sew-along because it's stars, little and only once a week!