Friday, March 23, 2012

Machine Quilting

I must say that my blog readers outdid themselves on Wednesday. I LOVED each one of the comments and suggestions that you left on that blog post about machine quilting my March UFO. Some of the comments are hilarious and some are simply brilliant! Thank you for all of your ideas which helped me to negotiate a compromise with my bossy quilt. I will do some custom work on the star blocks, and then some all over (maybe loops and stars?) design in the background white areas. And I might do a fun feather design in the two colour border if it looks OK.

I am doing a curvy design around the large star blocks. This is the first block I quilted...11 more blocks to go. I used three colours of thread and enjoyed figuring out how to make each colour a continuous line. You can see how I tracked the gold thread out to the square areas...I like it!
This is what I'm doing in the small star blocks with only one colour of thread.
19 more blocks to do.
Have I said lately how much I LOVE Aurifil Thread?!? I haven't had a single issue while quilting these stars with Aurifil.
I think it is doable to finish the quilting in the next week, especially since it is supposed to rain here on Saturday. What are you quilting today???

8 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Looks great! I have a couple spools of Aurifl thread that I won, what weight did you use on your quilt?

Linda said...

So glad I read your post about your conversation with your beautiful bossy quilt. The comments helped me decide how I want to proceed with my FMQ on my RRCB. Your quilt is awesome and I love what you are doing.

beaquilter said...

that looks great and awesome you did different thread colors. I love doing corner to corner curves like this

Mary Johnson said...

It's looking good!

I just pieced a back and am going to load a top of Mom's - it gets a simple pantograph so I should finish it late tonight.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I haven;t tried Aurifil yet....nice to know that you love it!!

Janet O. said...

I like what you are doing on the blocks. I haven't mastered a nice, consistent curve, but I love that look!
Just bought some Aurifil, but haven't tried it yet. I just keep hearing praise for it, like yours.

swooze said...

Gorgeous!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks like you found a super way to quilt it...now you're showing it who's boss :-)