Monday, May 23, 2011

Design Wall Monday #21

It has turned out to be a wonderful sunny, warm long weekend here and lots of outdoor yard work was finally completed.  I did a lot of digging in the dirt, planting seeds for the vegetable garden.
And I played with the dirt coloured fabrics indoors! I worked on the brown version of our guild mystery. To see the colourful version of the quilt I finished earlier in the month - click here.  I have had these blocks sewn since December, but they are so boring compared to my colourful blocks that I have to force myself to work on them. The deadline for showing the quilts/tops at guild meeting is in 3 weeks so I am motivated to at least finish the top. I just know that this is a quilt that will not get finished otherwise...I am not a brown person, nor do I enjoy sewing 2 colour quilts (remember the civil war blocks?).
I cut out all the pieces for the remaining 4 blocks and should be able to sew these up today. Then I just have the sashing and border to figure out.
What's on your design wall today? Don't have a design wall? You NEED one - click here to read ideas for making your own.  Then hop over to Judy's blog and get some inspiration from all the design walls posted.

10 comments:

Vicki H. said...

I am hearing you about Civil War quilt colors. I had to add punches of color to my quilt so I didn't get, yawn, bored with it. I love the blocks in your stars they are wonderful.

Bonnie said...

Wow Kathy -- look how organized you are. Are those directions and cut fabric in those page holders? I agree with you about working in browns.. but the quilt does look nice. Someone will like this quilt even if it isn't our favorite!

Chris said...

I think the blocks are beautiful. I love both two color quilts and brown so it is right up my alley :)

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Dirt colored-- LOL! I love the photo at the top of your blog. Took me a minute to figure out what it was! Delightful!

Debbie said...

I'm totally impressed you worked so much outside and still got a lot done on the quilting front. My quilting has definitely taken a backseat to gardening.

Ellen said...

Your blocks look terrific to me. I happen to like brown - it is such a nice warm colour - makes me think of hot chocolate!

Susan said...

Two thirds of the way done with the blocks.......

Won't it feel soooo goood to have it finished?

AnnieO said...

A deadline is a great way to make a dent in an aging project, Kathy! Glad you are finding motivation in that. You are organized and that should make it a bit easier. I love brown but have never made an all brown project. I agree, limited palettes are harder to work on!

Kate said...

The blocks look great, hope you can find the motiivation to finish them.

Appalachian Mercantile said...

I'm loving your two-color blocks! :)