Monday, March 28, 2011

Design Wall Monday #13

What's on your design wall this morning? You can see a list of other quilters' design walls over on Judy's blog - click here.
This is what is on my design wall today. The winter just seems to be dragging on, and I felt like working with some cozy flannel over the last week. The centre blocks were a garbage rescue (you can read more about it on this post).
The striped/ticking fabric and the pieced borders strips were leftover from a quilt I made for one of the kids' teachers 11 years ago!
I have the snowball blocks sewn together and the first border attached.
Next step is to add more borders to make the quilt bigger... when the flannel is gone, the quilt is "big enough"!

15 comments:

Susan said...

That looks so warm and inviting.... Just the thing for a wee nap....

I like the bottom border idea best is you are asking............

Kathie said...

I love your thought. I rarely know how big a quilt is going to be when I start it. Usually when I get tired of working on it it is big enough.

Bonnie said...

this is coming along. i like the borders ... keep plugging away.

Chris said...

Yummy quilt. Great use of all those leftovers.

AnnieO said...

Looks totally cozy! You have all had a very long winter, I agree. I'm supposed to go to Cincinnati in 10 days and am hoping there will not be any snow flurries like they got a few days ago!

Julie Kaye from KS said...

I just love snowball quilts. And your pieced border is great.

Vicki H. said...

I love this quilt. I would have saved these blocks too. I think that you have a great project here.

Karen said...

I purchased some ticking fabrics this morning. We think alike.
A good snowball quilt in progress.

LuAnn said...

I love your snowball quilt...and you are right that winter just doesn't seem to want to go away.

Amy said...

So glad you rescued the fabrics. The snowball quilt is turning out great.

Brita said...

What great planning -- when I run out of fabric, it's big enough! Perfect. That's going to be such a snuggly quilt, I can just feel it!

Gari in AL said...

You have made a great looking quilt from those garbage blocks. It should keep you warm until Spring gets there.

Kate said...

Love your guidelines for being done, like the quilt too!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Impressive! Nice rescue to quilt!!

Becky said...

I'm working with flannel this week, too. A friend gifted me with flannel scraps. I'm cutting them into blocks for rag quilts. Isn't it fun to make something out of fabric that someone else considered trash?