Saturday, November 06, 2010

UFO progress

Were you wondering if I was motivated to finish my UFO from this post? I was highly motivated, but didn't have much extra time for quilting this week. However, every spare minute I did have was spent machine quilting my UFO. I finished the stitch-in-the-ditch of all the horizontal and vertical seams.


Then I decided that I should quilt leaf shapes on the garden trellis and that took some time, but that is done too. This is one block...isn't this fairy fabric adorable??




This quilting is hard to photograph since I used a light yellow thread and the fabrics are fairly light/medium.
Hope you can see some of the quilting in this block.

This is the fabric on the back of the quilt...more yellow.



Now I am thinking about whether I can leave those white diamonds alone or if I have to quilt something there?
And then I need to think of what to quilt in the 2 borders...probably some kind of leaf variation.
But first, I'll finish stitching in the ditch between the borders...

10 comments:

Diane said...

looks wonderful-way to finish the ufo! I just love finishing stuff

Mary Lou Casada said...

The quilting looks great! Can't wait to see it "unveiled!" :-D Go, go, go!!! Finishing is a wonderful thing!
Blesssings,
Mary Lou

Judy D in WA said...

I knew all along you would get this fabulous quilt finished! The quilting is awesome.

Gari in AL said...

YOu know, I would have trouble leaving the white diamonds empty, especially with all the beautiful quilting you have done. For something really simple, you could do CCs in each, just to show that they wern't forgotten. Beautiful work so far.

Julie in the Barn said...

I love that fairie fabric. In fact the whole thing is just lovely, especially your quilting.

Barb said...

Just love your little leaves...great job....

Linda said...

Your leaf quilting looks VERY pretty. Perfect compliment to the fabrics. SID is my least favorite part. Your plugging along on your UFOs. I should be but I'm starting new projects!

Angie said...

It's gorgeous, Kathy!! Love those fabrics and your choice of quilting motif.

Karen said...

Just beautiful Kathy!

scraphappy said...

A little motivation can go a long way. Congratulations on getting another one crossed off the list.