Wednesday, August 18, 2010

9 patches mailed

Back in July I signed up for Julie's Celebration 9 patch block swap and wrote about starting to sew my first blocks on this post.
My blocks were finally finished up this week. I strip pieced my 6" blocks (click here to see a tutorial on this method) but since I am easily bored and needed to sew 130 blocks, I decided to use a different technique to sew the 3" blocks. I was going to write up a tutorial but why reinvent the wheel?   I found a great tutorial for this technique made by Trisha - click here to see it. I am already dreaming about how I'm going to set my swap blocks together when they return...do you have quilting dreams?!?

9 comments:

Libby said...

Oh, I do have quilt dreams . . . or at least I drift off to sleep at night thinking about future projects *s*

Darlene said...

I have quilt dreams very, very often. LOL

I was working on my 9 patches today and will be ready to mail soon. I only signed up for the 6" nine patches because I did a swap with another blogger a couple of years ago for 3" nine patches. You were very ambitious and productgive, kathy.

julieQ said...

Wow! wow!!!! Your blocks are just so cool!! I love them...

Jeanne said...

I love your blocks, Kathy! I'm wishing I had signed up.

Diane said...

I don't think I dream about quilting, but I go to sleep thinking about it and it's the first thing I think of when I wake up.

AnnieO said...

Thanks for the tutorial on the little 9 patches--that's a new one to try, so simple. I am in the swap too, for the 6" blocks and have been working on them the last two nights. Settings for them have been occupying my mind too, Kathy, LOL!

Linda C said...

Love your blocks kathy. l too am in both swaps, and will be sewing mine next weekend when l retreat to my beach house. Its great seeing all the variety of fabrics.
And yes, l dream, it seems constantly, l call it awake dreaming!!!

Dresden Quilter said...

Too many!

Chookyblue...... said...

hey I am in the 6 inch swap..........your blocks look great....must get mine made........