Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday Sampler #25

It's another rainy Saturday. I won't have to water the garden, and may even be able to get a little quilting time!
When I put all my Saturday Sampler blocks up on the design wall a few weeks ago (click here to see them) I decided that I needed more dark brown backgrounds in the blocks. So for the last few weeks I have been making my blocks with this in mind.
This week's block is from a blog that I just discovered called Pieceful Kwilter, which has a BOM quilt going - click here to link to the sampler layout. (BTW, I found Shannon's blog via Diane's blog - click here to see all her fabulous blocks.)
Block name: Exploding Star
Block Designer: Shannon at Pieceful Kwilter
As is my custom, I always fess up to my sewing mistakes, so here's an interesting variation I came up with when I was sewing the easy peasy Quarter Square Triangles! The instructions were great and it was as simple as falling off a log, so I'm going to blame the Laugh Out Loud Podcast that I subscribe to...I was listening and laughing, and apparently not paying attention to my sewing!  But it was easy to fix with my handy seam ripper removing a couple of seams.
I must admit that I'm starting to get tired of working with these colours every week, but have decided that if I call it my "Chocolate Covered Strawberries Sampler", I seem to enjoy it a little more!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oooooo....yet again, another LOVELY block! Gosh, I really like this one!!!

{{resisting the urge to pull fabrics to make a fullsize quilt out of this block}}

AnnieO said...

Very smart piecing skills you're showing there, Kathy! Beautiful Chocolate Covered Strawberries.

Gina said...

Love the new block

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Diane said...

love the colors your using, glad you found Shannon's BOM-it's fun! I don't need a podcast to sew a block wrong, I just do it...naturally! haha.

Judy D in WA said...

Love the block and the colors and the new name of the quilt. My seam ripper is my best friend. We spend lots of time together, talking, laughing, telling out secrets....
Jack is my friend. ;-) Gonna have to check the podcast.