Sunday, May 09, 2010

Saturday Sampler #18

Here is my Saturday sampler block...I'm a day late and a dollar short this week!
Block Name: Manhattan Star
Block Pattern Source: DreamCastle Quilts
This is a cool website with some great star block patterns. This 12" block is paper pieced in 12 sections, with a total of 88 pieces. It was a challenge, especially with the seam matching of the dark fabrics, but I enjoyed sewing it.  I wish I had used a variety of lights instead of just one, but that's just my scrappy quilter mind!
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but today I feel totally shopped out!  I have been inside 22 different quilt stores in the past few weeks!! I'm sure that must be a world shopping record - I know it is a record for me!
Yesterday I went on the Goose on the Loose shop hop with my oldest (as in longest time known, not as in the most elderly) quilting friend Louise, whom I've been tagging along after for 20 years! And yesterday, this was how the weather was!
Yep...it's winter again! That's the view out my car window! But neither rain nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail...well you know how it goes! I won't be visiting another quilting store for a long time!!

2 comments:

Diane said...

love the block, really cool look.
It's freezing cold here too! The furnace is back on, brrr.
I think I'd be shopped out too-and broke! :)
But isn't spring market now or in the next couple weeks, so then the stores will have new stuff to entice you back in. I think that's the plan anyhow!

Mary Johnson said...

I'm going to a couple shops tomorrow with 2 new friends but I know what you mean about being shopped out. I won't go again for a while.

I'm working with pink and brown right now too. I love the combination but some of the fabrics in this bundle I bought I don't love. I was worried about how the quilt was going to look but have been adding more brown from stash and now that the first couple rows are assembled I'm more hopeful!