Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Sampler #10

Blogger is a little slow this morning...maybe everyone is relaxing this morning with a cup of tea and reading the quilting blogs, and we are overloading the system!
My mind has been buzzing with thoughts of UFO's all week and I was even motivated to clean up one of my closets a little more thoroughly and found a couple more UFO's that I was delighted to discover. One is a really old baby quilt, stopped at the (boring) borders stage, so I'm going to finish that up right away...no more procrastinating for me!
And another piece of good news, I took my sister to the quilt store to get some fabric she needed, and I RESISTED buying the fabric to start another new project!! (Pats on the back and clapping from blogland!!)  It was really hard to resist the purchase, but check it out here and see if you don't think my snowboarding, Olympic loving, teenage son would love this quilt - click here. Should I go back to the store?!?
In between cleaning and shopping, I found time to piece a block for my Saturday Sampler. It's a scrappy version of the Friday Block Party posting called "Joseph's Delight". You can check out their blog and see other versions of this block - click here. I really enjoyed sewing this and think this block would make a great scrappy quilt.
Block Name: Joseph's Delight
Pattern Source: Quilter's Cache

2 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I see that I am not the only one up sewing this morning. Your sampler is coming along nicely. I love the colours and look forward to seeing the finished quilt. I am working on a sampler quilt too--22 of 25 blocks done now and I am hoping to finish the last 3 blocks this weekend. I like the Olympics quilt too...How badly does your son need a quilt? It looks like it would not take long to make...

Laura said...

I love that block! It would indeed make a great scrap quilt.