Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Monday

We have enjoyed some beautiful fall weather here. It's my favorite time of the year and most of the leaves are golden. By the end of the week I'll be raking up the last of them and we'll have to wait 6 or 7 months to see leaves again :(



I have finished the next step of the Quilt For An Hour project. This photo shows up to hour #10 and I have 2 more to go, which will involve attaching several (at least 3) more borders.
Now I have 2 problems...one is that I don't like doing borders and the second is that I don't have enough fabric to finish the borders as outlined in the pattern.  So I will have to be creative! I really hope it doesn't fall into my pile of projects awaiting inspiration.... aka the UFO pile!
I have been so slow to finish this that the next Quilt for an Hour is already to start! But I am resisting another project...oh yes, I am! I know I said that before, but I mean it this time!
Visit Judy's blog and see what other quilters have on their design wall today.

5 comments:

bingo~bonnie said...

oh come on Kathy - don't give up on this fabulous quilt just because you need to come up with some other ideas or fabric for the borders - it's TOO PRETTY to become a UFO!

I really love the browns!!! - Very fallish just like that lovely photo you shared!!! :)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Quilt Rat said...

Do you HAVE to ad borders? I quite like the way it looks at this stage.

Michele Bilyeu said...

This is wonderful!!! I just love it, and heck...this one doesn't need a border, it created it's own! It's gorgeous with the autumn leaves shown above, too! One of the prettiest that I've seen from this challenge! Beautiful, Kathy!!!Bind that puppy and go outside and play in those leaves!Who needs more boundaries and borders than life already give us, anyway? Love it, as is...that's all I can say!!!

Dresden Quilter said...

It does seem perfect the way it is. If I use borders in a quilt I tend to make them smaller than the pattern calls for.

Millie said...

I think the quilt is pretty as it is...do you have to add a border? I am not the best person to give advice, because I will move to the next quilt without adding that border or the quilt will be another UFO.