Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm not starting anything new....


I have several things to finish up for the quilt show - click here to find out more about the show. I have hanging sleeves to sew on and 2 quilts to finish the quilting on. I may have mentioned that I work well under pressure!
I also have my garden to sort out. Since we have frost at night, the plants are all dying, so the remaining tomatoes have to come in. I am freezing some and canning some.

And I am for sure not starting a new quilting project. No way. I don't have time. Maybe after the quilt show. Judy Laquidara is having a "Quilt for an Hour" project on her website, and even though I love it and know that it would use up a lot of stash (and I have the perfect fabric for it)  I am staying strong and am planning to resist starting this new quilt. 

8 comments:

Pam in KC said...

Good luck with not starting anything new. I'm doing my best to not start anything new either.

sewnut said...

Resistance is futile.

Anonymous said...

Why is it that we want to start new things rather than stick with the old ones and finish? It must be a part of the quilt pox, ya think?

Susan said...

It's hard for me not to start a new project as soon as I see it too, but sometimes you have to concentrate on finishing a few too! Good luck!

Jeanne said...

I'm going to miss those little tomatoes. We haven't had a frost yet, but the days are numbered. I am tempted by Judy's latest, too, but cannot start anything else new. Repeat, I cannot start any new projects....VBG

Gina said...

Best of luck. I give you a week

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Libby said...

Love the tomatoes - just think how wonderful they will be come winter and you can't find a decent one in the stores *s*

julieQ said...

It is still too warm here for a month or two, but dear husband wants some green tomatoes for chow-chow. I know what you mean, I love the lure of a new project too. I have resisted so far on Judy's lovely quilt...so far.