Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What's on my design wall?

This week I am working on a new project! Way back in the winter I signed up for a "Ladies of the Evening" class at Reichards and the day finally arrived last friday night. It was also my daughter's prom night, so I had to take some photos and then race over to the class.  I only missed the first part of the class, but worked hard to catch up.  This is a mystery class where you don't know what you are making, until you are given a stack of fabric strips and some instructions...lots of fun!
The project we started is called "Balancing Act" from the April American Patchwork and Quilting magazine (p.58). Cutting out the pieces to strip piece around the triangles has been challenging. This is my favorite ruler to use for this cutting job.
These are the blocks I have sewn so far that are on my design

 wall. I still have about 30 more blocks to sew because the rows are supposed to be 12 triangles across and there are supposed to be 9 rows I think. I'm really liking the quilt but am wondering if all these triangles are going to fit together okay!!
If you want some fun surfing quilt blogs, go to Judy's site (click here) and see what is on the design wall of 25+ other quilters...enjoy!

6 comments:

Fiber Babble said...

Oooh! Aahhh! Purty!

You always seem to make fun and happy-looking quilts - love this one already!!

Sweet P said...

Oooooo . . . I like the fabrics and the design of the quilt.

Gina said...

Great quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Diana LaMarre said...

Love the colors in that one. It's an interesting design.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I am loving that! The colors are gorgeous. Will you square it up or leave it all triangley at the edges?

Jean said...

So pretty!!! Can't wait to see it finished...hint...hint....